Tool Install DesignersVarious locations
IQSystem Inc., a technology consulting firm is seeking Tool Install Designers for 6 months ~ 1 year projects in various locations.
This position is to be filled immediately
We are looking for individuals experienced with 2D designs/3D BIM Modeling. Preferably experienced with trade construction background in the Semi conductor industry.
AutoCAD Fabrication CADmep, Revit, Navisworks Manage and AutoCAD MEP are highly desired
Required Education and Experience:
- An A.A. degree in Architecture/Engineering/ Construction Management or related field
- A Computer Aided Design A.A degree
- Equivalent years of experience may be substituted, Autodesk products preferred
- 2+ years' experience in the design or commercial construction industry preferred
- Experience in Semiconductor Tool Install Design, Routing, clash detection, etc. a plus.
- Field experience in installation services a plus
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to read equipment documents and build 2D/3D information from them, by collecting data, assembling it and distributing during weekly reports.
- Prepare and present Quality 2D/3D models for Progress reporting, supporting the review and tabulation.
- Prepare 3D models coordinated with the Project Schedule.
- Understand construction engineering disciplines, to create Multi-Trade Coordination (Structural/Mechanical/Electrical/Piping) using 3D modeling software
- Strong working knowledge of and understanding of spatial relations.
- Ability to draft over engineers 2D drawings with AutoCAD Fabrication CADmep , AutoCAD MEP, or Revit
- Able to extract Spool drawings from model and confirm accurate fabrication of same.
- Incorporating Design-Intent Models, contract documents and specifications, and the Project Team's requests and expectations into visual detailing model that represents the intended MEP installation for the building
- Understanding and interpreting architectural and structural details as they affect the MEP installations
- Identifying interference with the architectural structural and other MEP elements
- MEP coordination
- Generating contract and internal company deliverables from model. These deliverables could include clash reports, tagging, dimensioning, and generating fabrication spools and tickets
- Achieve reduced time and costs related to potential errors of clash detection
- Develop construction models for scope clarification, operations planning and production
- Enforce (and possibly help design & develop) modeling protocol and standards
- Facilitate model coordination of scans and field measurements
- Work directly with the project team, design team and build team to incorporate field changes, scans and RFIs into the model and eliminate construction errors due to design flaws
- Support PM, DM, BIM Lead, and Supt in file management and software capabilities
- Involved with the coordination process of building systems on-site, including Mechanical and Electrical trades.
- Other assigned duties
- Some travel required
- Ability to work towards a deadline and meet client demands
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal
- Must work well with others
- Ability to cooperate with people from other cultures
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Maintain positive attitude
- Enjoy working
- Willingness to be given instruction and follow through with execution
- Ability to possibly work remotely over the web
- Ability to obtain Passport a plus.
- Ability to travel/take on temporary assignments across the nation or world a plus.
- Must be able to pass drug tests and security clearances.
- Must have valid USA work permit
IQSystem is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to:email@example.com
Please include:Cover letter
Resume or CV
Electronic sample of 3D work